Thread: Why join the AVO club?

Default Why join the AVO club?

There are many good reasons for joining the AVO club, here are just a few of the benefits...

When you join you will receive a Welcome Pack.

The Club Shop is only available to members. See the spares thread for a sample of the items in stock.

Free insurance evaluations. The Club is recognized my many insurance companies an can provide an evaluation required for agreed value insurance policies. We have a club discount scheme with Hagerty insurance and club members receive a discounted rate.

Quarterly award winning HAVOC magazine.

The AVO attend many events & shows throughout the year, membership entitles you to display your AVO car on club stands, often at discounted rates.

Access to the AVO Club Website Forum. Which includes a technical section, cars & parts for sale, events calendar & show reports, restoration projects.

The Club has two membership levels Full membership for owners of AVO Vehicles and Associate membership for people who wish to buy an AVO vehicle, have a strong interest in them, or whose particular vehicle does not qualify for full Membership.

To qualify for Full membership, your vehicle details must be forwarded to the club with your membership application. We provide a form with the membership application forms.

The annual Membership Fee is 30.00 with a joining fee of 5.00. Fees may also be paid by cheque or Paypal.

To join the club, click here where you can either download the required forms, or you can now join online.

We look forward to welcoming you to the Club soon.
    The Committee of the AVO Owners Club

Looking to renew but the 'membership renewal date' field is not accepting text. I cannot then finish the payment process. Any ideas?

Simon.

If your membership ended more than 90 days ago, you will have to join as a new member - You will still get your original membership number but you can only renew within 3 months of expiry.

AVO BB Apprentice

Don't forget that some suppliers - such as Burton Power Products - will give discounts to AVO members.
    Tom

Hi are you still accepting new members to the club?

AVO BB Apprentice

Tell me more about the Burtons discount?
    Thanks
    James

AVO BB Apprentice

The exact amount of the discount varies depending on the product James. For instance, if it's one of their own products I think they'll give you around 20%, but for products they buy in it might be only 5%. Last time I was in there the chap behind the desk said to always bring my membership card, and if I ordered on line to include my membership number in the 'comments' box on the order form. He said that for on-line orders they'd initially charge the full amount but would refund the discount back to the card when the order was made up.
    Cheers,
    Tom

AVO BB Apprentice

Good info to know...
    Are there any other companies you know off who do the same?

Thanks
    James

AVO BB Apprentice

I can't say I do James but it's always worth asking, particularly with companies that deal specifically with old Ford parts. I know Trevor at Stage One used to do this at one time but I'm not sure if he still does. If we do find companies that are prepared to offer us a discount it would be a good idea to have somewhere on here where they can be listed.
    Cheers,
    Tom